Mathematics is the only scoring subject where students can score full marks in the exam. But most of the students find the subject extremely difficult. To achieve the desired results in the CBSE 12th Maths exam is not a cakewalk. Students should put in lots of effort as one cannot achieve this result by studying overnight. Constant practice, hard work, dedication, and perfect strategy are required. They should develop rational thinking and logical skills to score 100/100 in the exam.
This article guides you with the tips to help you score a perfect 100 in the CBSE Class 12 Maths exam.
- Understand the syllabus and marks weightage: Students must have a complete idea of what they have to prepare for as it has a vast syllabus. You should refer to the CBSE Class 12 Maths New Term-wise Revised Syllabus as well as the marks weightage to prepare a standard timetable. You should spend time wisely on the topics based on the marks’ weightage.
- Plan your study timetable: Prepare an effective timetable which you will be able to follow strictly. Spend 1 hour regularly practicing maths. Prepare daily goals and try to achieve them. This will help you to complete the syllabus effectively.
- Prepare from NCERT textbooks: It is highly recommended to strictly stick to the NCERT Maths book for class 12 as it is the best material to prepare. Students should have strong conceptual knowledge of all the topics. You should practice all the exercise questions, solved and unsolved examples on every topic as well as the questions given at the end of the chapter. All chapters are equally important. So, it’s not a good idea to skip any chapter. You can verify your answers by referring to the NCERT solutions. You can refer to other supplementary books to practice more problems.
- Clear your doubts: Never skip clarifying your doubts. Mark the questions you face difficulty and clear them with the help of your teachers or NCERT solutions.
- Learn Formulas Effectively: It is highly recommended for the students to maintain a separate book for theorems and formulas. Mathematics is a subject that does not require mugging up. It’s all about understanding the concepts and fundamentals of the formulas. Learn the formulas and start applying them to a problem. In this way, you will have a strong foundation on the topics. You can solve any type of question if you remember the formulas and their rules of application.
- Practice: In order to score full marks in maths, practice is extremely important. Your score depends on how well you have practiced. You should first practice all the easy chapters and move on to the difficult chapters. You should solve different types of problems on your own so that you don’t find it difficult in the exam. Whatever you practice, you should have a strong grip on it. It will help you to perform well in the exam. Practice 2-3 times for each topic. Practice more difficult and twisted problems. It will improve your understanding of the topic as well as your speed and accuracy.
- Solve previous year’s papers: After completing the entire syllabus, start solving the last 8-10 previous years’ questions papers to know the difficulty level of the exam and types of questions asked. It will help you boost your score in the exam. You should figure out and focus on the important as well as repeated questions as there is a chance of those concept questions being asked again in the exam. It will help to improve your speed, logical and reasoning ability along with time management skills.
- Practice sample papers: Students set a time and practice a few sample papers to analyze their performance as well as their strong and weak points. Focus on the weak areas and improve on them. This will help in improving your performance. You will be able to come across different types of problems. You will also get familiar with the exam pattern as well as the time you are taking to solve the problems. Practicing sample papers will boost your confidence level.
- Time-management skills: Along with solving the questions, you should check how much time you are spending on each question. Time management is extremely crucial. So you have to practice the problems by keeping a time limit. You can improve your time management skills by practicing last year’s question papers, sample papers, and model test papers.
- Revise: Revise the entire syllabus at least twice if possible. You should revise properly in order to score high marks. Whenever you finish a topic, revise it once and then move to the next topic. The continuous revision will help you to memorize the concepts and formulas. Make notes of the methods during your practice. It will help you in quick revision saving time.
- Positive Approach: Since the syllabus is so huge, students may find it boring or difficult. You should overcome this thought. Try to approach the subject with a positive vibe. Make sure you take intervals during your study schedules. Keep your mind calm and relaxed by listening to music. You can also increase your concentration by listening to music. Do not get anxious. Having a good sleep and eating healthy food is very important before appearing for the exam.
- How to Attempt the exam: Before starting the exam, make sure you read the question paper twice. During this time, write down rough methods in the rough sheet so that you won’t forget while answering. Do not scribble or strike out so many times in the answer sheet. Make sure you write neatly and clearly. Once you finish the exam, check your answers before submitting them. Check whether you have attempted all the questions or not.
Students can ace the exam with a positive mindset and confidence in their preparation. Hope these tips help you to prepare for the exam effectively and reduce your exam fear. All the best for the exam.