Glashutte Original has lasted over a century and has weathered the quartz crisis since 1845. Each timepiece’s distinct and irresistible quality conveys the brand’s core values of innovation, modernity, originality, tradition, exclusivity, and elegance. As a result of its fine craftsmanship, Glashütte’s creations have made glamorous and classic watches for both men and women.
The whole process is performed by hand, and Glashutte is one of those independent watch companies that are capable of producing in-house watches. Thus, the word manufactory pertains to its company that can build on its own. They have designed individual components for timepieces that eventually made them a remarkable brand. Indeed, anyone would want to own a fabulous wristwatch that exudes originality and elegance, such as Glashutte Original.
What are some of the best features of Glashutte that make it a stand-out?
The features of Glashutte Original are based on the company’s traditional high-quality standards and combined with modern technology. Their watchmakers are highly skilled at performing the excellent process of watchmaking.
It gets its name from its swan-like shape. Since 1888, this feature has fine adjustments, such as a stainless steel spring and a regular pointer.
Each minute space is hand-engraved to a high standard. The cocks and balance have distinct hand-engraving because the craftsmen never use a pre-stenciled pattern.
The watch’s movement has a delicate, striped finish. During the luxurious process, rib stripes are applied to the rotor, cocks, and wheel bridges.
It is the process of smoothing out a surface, a technique for beveling the edges of processed metal surfaces at a 45-degree angle. Glashutte creates gleaming borders and embellishments as well as more resistant material.
It has used a wheel bridge instead of the bridges and cocks that other Swiss watchmakers use. Three-quarters of the movement’s surface is covered by this wheel bridge, resulting in a more stable structure.
This section is the watch’s heart. The screw balance is made up of the balance wheel, plateau, balance spring, and balance staff, regulating the gear train process.
It consists of overlapping, pearl-shaped circles formed by a rotating rubber peg dusted with diamond powder. This outstanding diamond powder is applied to the surface by hand.
In 1868, the Glashutte sunburst ornament embellished the rotating round and flat components (ratchet wheel).
These anti-corrosion tiny steel screws are hand-polished to change color when heated, from gray to yellow, brown, red, and violet tones. It is to achieve the desired, long-lasting blue color.
Gold Chatons with screws
The pivot bearings and jewels are mounted on the 18k gold bed. It is held in place by two or three screws into unique holes in the wheel bridge.
What do the core values of Glashutte Original stand for?
Feel the vibe of these core values with every Glashutte watch. They are the following.
- Excellence. The “Made in Germany” seal proudly proclaims its origin and superior German engineering.
- Modernity. Glashutte ensures that their brand uses cutting-edge modern technology.
- Originality. It refers to the genuineness of its brand, which is constantly creative.
- Tradition. Traditional watchmaking has become its foundation and legacy in producing watches over 175 years of history.
- Exclusivity. They only manufacture watches not exceeding more than a hundred. It makes Glashutte exclusive for few people globally.
- Beauty. Glashutte produces unique and stunning watches.
What are the significant collections of Glashutte Original?
These collections portray all the core values of Glashutte Original. Each watch exudes elegance through excellent innovation and craftsmanship. This brand always conveys these concepts to its designs, producing versatile and authentic timepieces.
The senator set exemplifies Glashütte’s brilliance to the fullest as the collection’s classically elegant timepieces show Glashütte Original’s historic origins. These timepieces blend German versatility and traditional design elements.
- It has a fine silvery dial of the rose gold watch.
- Senator Excellence has lasered indexes and a railroad chapter ring
- Has sharp typed red minute numerals
- All timepieces in this series come with a certificate proving that the jewel on your wrist has passed a 24-day in-house performance inspection.
The Pano range helps the manufacturer’s creativity to shine brightly in the world. Its models have an unmistakably contemporary look. The timepieces inherit the feature of the well-known Panorama Date Display in the set.
- Distinctively asymmetrical dial visuals
- Expanded date indicator in the watch’s asymmetrical dial (remarkable symbol of the Pano range)
- Additional complications for these chronometers lead to design variance on various dials.
The vintage models are modern versions of two dynamic decades whose ideals, music, architecture, and design forever changed the world. The models in the series from the 1960s and 1970s reflect societies from two diverse decades that significantly influenced the world until today.
- It has an iconic dial with its most appealing color of orange and green style.
- Dial surface is using original 1960s techniques and processes
- The hands are anti-reflective sapphire crystal, Arabic numerals, and diamond-cut indexes, and all define the 1960s style.
Glashütte timekeepers have been used in highly specialized areas on land, sea, and air since the nineteenth century. Glashütte Original presents the Spezialist set, which is based on this rich heritage. The diver’s watch SeaQ is the star of this new collection.
- The models are specifically built for sports and diving action.
- It is an ideal companion for deep-sea diving due to its excellent timing accuracy and shock resistance.
- It is water-resistant at 30 bar.
- Resistant to saltwater corrosion
Glashütte’s ladies range includes Pavonina, Lady Serenade, and PanoMatic Luna, which are made explicitly for elegant ladies. In this range, the German brand’s iconic elegance is redefined in a feminine way. The timepiece in the lady series is both a functional watch and a piece of jewelry on a lady’s wrist, lavishly adorned with mother-of-pearl, gems, and diamonds.
Glashutte Original has made a big name in the world of watchmaking for its creative designs and quality. The time and effort of the watchmakers are genuinely precious because they are hand-made, proof of delicate craftsmanship. Where can you find such a unique timepiece? Only from Glasuhtte Original!
Indeed, you got what you’re looking for with this excellent watch. Get your own Glashutte Original wristwatch at TheWatchCompany.com to score the best deal!